3-Day Johnstone Strait Kayaking Tour
All equipment provided
All meals provided
Friendly & certified guides
Embark on a Supreme 3-Day Tour Kayaking Johnstone Strait
Experience abundant nature and blissful wilderness on this 3-day kayak tour along Johnstone Strait. At AWE Adventures, we emphasize quality — you have the opportunity to see where wildlife thrives with the best guidance around. We prefer lower guide-guest ratios than the industry standard so that we can provide custom guidance to each guest. Set sail on this journey with us to discover the untamed beauty of our natural world.
We use expedition-level equipment: high quality kayaks, paddles, paddling gear, paddling clothing, camping gear
All our guides are highly experienced with the area and have professional training outside of their guiding certifications regarding risk management, hazard analysis, interpretation, and more
Experience the abundant wilderness of the area: porpoises, birds, humpbacks, sea lions… Without a doubt, you’re bound to be speechless throughout your adventure
$1150 CAD per person
June Special: $889 per person
Bauza Cove, Telegraph Cove BC
Sundays and Thursdays, July through September
3 days, 2 nights
2 minimum, 12 maximum
- No kayaking experience necessary
- Physically and mentally fit for 3 days of kayaking and camping in a wilderness setting
- Suitable for children aged 9 and older (for families with children under the age of 9, check out our custom trips)
- Minors (under 19) will require a parent/guardian signature for our waiver
- Complete medical form before booking
We ask all who come to bring a respectful attitude towards the natural environment and your fellow kayakers. The weather and wildlife are out of our control, but our attitudes are not!
- All paddling equipment
- All camping equipment
- All food
- Top-level guides certified by the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of British Columbia, recognized internationally as a leader in the sea kayak industry
- Safety gear
- Paddling jacket & pants
- Sleeping bags & mats
- Camp chairs
- Cooking & kitchen gear
- Day 1: lunch, dinner, non-alcoholic drinks, appetizers and snacks
- Day 2: 3 meals, snacks, appetizers, drinks
- Day 3: breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks)
What to bring
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Rain jacket
- 2 sets of synthetic clothing for paddling (quick dry pants, thermal underlayer, quick dry base layer, insulating mid layer (fleece, pile, poly, etc.), and swim shorts. We recommend that you stay away from cotton clothing.
- Comfortable, warm, synthetic clothing to relax and adventure in camp
- A rain jacket and rain pants for camp clothes
- Footwear for paddling, such as neoprene booties or running shoes with wool socks. Our beaches are mostly rocky so bring a supportive shoe with a good sole (no flip flops!).
- Footwear for camp (rubber boots, light hiking shoes, running shoes)
- Swim shorts to wear over paddling pants
- Book to read while at camp
- Camera if you choose — please note that we will be in a marine environment
- Alcoholic drinks if you wish
We will try to reschedule or refund. Please check our terms & conditions for more information.
Overview of our 3-day expedition
The Johnstone Strait is home to some of the highest levels of biodiversity in Canada. For three days, we will explore the ecosystem and discover a myriad of animals large and small — from microscopic plankton to the gargantuan humpback whale. These mighty mammals of the sea call Johnstone Strait their summer home, as do Steller sea lions, harbour seals, Dall’s porpoises, minke whales, northern resident killer whales, the Biggs transient killer whales, and river and sea otters. Johnstone Strait boasts over fifty bird species living and migrating through the area, so keep your eye on the sky as well as the intertidal zone! There are tons of alien-like marine critters to admire alongside our more familiar birds and mammals. We promise you won’t be disappointed by the sheer number of amazing animals you’ll see — but do your best to let them pass peacefully!
Since our campsites are only accessible by watercraft (such as a handy kayak), this journey is the perfect retreat amongst nature’s most basic yet impressive elements: pure water and fresh air. You’ll be well taken care of by our guides — they’ll make sure you’re well-fed, well-rested, and well-entertained… And of course, enjoying nature! So what are you waiting for? Come with us and explore the sea stars, anemones, nudibranchs, and so much more…