June 25, 2022 Update
As our world adapts with the COVID epidemic, we want to keep our customers informed about the changes we are making within At the Water’s Edge Adventures. The health and safety of our guests and staff is our highest priority.
We are booking trips and rentals for the 2022 season. Working in conjunction with BC’s Restart Plan and the adventure tourism industry as a whole, AWE Adventures has successfully implemented COVID health and safety protocols over the last two seasons, keeping 100% our guests and staff safe and healthy. We look forward to continuing that for 2022. Our Covid policy continues to be updated with WorkSafeBC, BCCDC, and Tourism Vancouver Island’s evolving guidelines.
2022 At the Water’s Edge Adventures Tour Guidelines:
- Sea kayaking is a low transmission activity by nature. Our fully nomadic tours are even lower. We are out for true adventure. Flat ground forms our tent spots and trees our kitchens. Your dining room is custom picked by you each night, wherever you choose to place your chair for a view. Communal areas and high transmission zones are at a minimum.
- Limiting all multi-day kayak tours to a maximum of 10-12 guests.
- Our guides continue to attend training clinics to learn procedures and protocols that uphold Covid safe practices.
- Emphasizing good hygiene with hand washing and disinfectant stations.
- The gear given to you for the tour is yours. Each guest will be given their own dish kit (plate, bowl, mug, utensils, wash bin, etc.) to use, wash and pack for the entirety of the tour. This strategy significantly reduces the amount of shared equipment and frequently touched surface transmission areas.
- Thoroughly washing and sanitizing all communal areas and gear (paddles, PFDs, tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats, spray skirts, kayaks, etc.) in between tours.
- Consistently disinfecting high use and frequently touched areas.
- Implementing a no-tolerance sickness policy. Guests or staff who present any symptoms of colds, flus, or illness, or have been in any Covid isolation protocol in the last 7 days will not be permitted on trip.
- Here are some additional links to the resources we are following:
- BC’s Restart Plan
- COVID-19 Go Forward Management Strategy
- Center for Disease Control
- Cancellation notice given 60 days+ prior to your booking date will be fully refunded less a $50 administration fee per person.
- Cancellation notice given within 59-30 days will receive 50% refund.
- Cancellation notice given within less that 30 days of your booking date not be subject to refunds.
All cancellations must be give in email format.
In the event that AWE Adventures is unable to operate due to a Government imposed travel advisory during the dates of your trip, you will be refunded in full.
We highly recommend all of our guests purchase travel insurance for their trip that includes coverage for COVID-related cancellations, trip interruptions, medical expenses, evacuations in Canada and any loss due to AWE Adventures cancellation policy. Most insurance policies need to be purchased within a short time of booking. AWE Adventures is not responsible for ensuring adequate coverage for your trip.
AWE Adventures reserves the right to cancel any trip prior to departure for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to insufficient bookings. If we have to cancel a tour due to insufficient bookings, you may choose between an alternate trip or a full refund. Notice of cancellation will be given at the earliest possible date.