We recommend either a hard sole neoprene booty, closed toe sandals, or an old runner/tennis shoe. If using a running shoe, please bring at least 2 pairs of thick wool socks or 1 pair of neoprene socks to wear underneath the shoe. The wool/neoprene will act as insulation even when wet.
Paddling clothing (two sets, and we will provide paddling pants & jackets)
- x2 synthetic pants: hiking pants, quick dry materials, exercise pants, thermal long underwear
- x1 swimming shorts: you will wear these on top of our paddling pants to protect the pants from friction. On the sunny days, you can use your shorts to paddle in or go for a swim if you decide to brave our cold waters
- x2 synthetic shirts (long and/or short sleeve): exercise shirts, polyester, merino wool, etc.
- x1 synthetic sweater/mid layer
- x3 wool/synthetic socks or x1 neoprene sock
- Cap and sunglasses
We recommend polyester, wool, or other quick drying materials. Please leave your cotton items at home. Cotton can stay wet for a long time and make us cold! Using many layers will be more comfortable and manageable than using one or two heavy layers.
- Comfortable synthetic pants (hiking pants, running pants)
- Comfortable shirts and sweater (remember, no cotton!)
- Thermal long underwear/base layers
- At least 2 pairs of warm socks and underwear
- Puffy jacket/warm sweater
- Rain jacket and pants (seperate from the paddling jacket and pants we will give you)
- Comfortable, supportive footwear (light hikers, running shoes, rubber boots, etc)
- Cap and/or toque (beanie)
Items (guides will provide toilet paper)
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Any other personal cosmetics
- Sunglasses and glasses cleaning cloth