5-Day Sounds of Blackfish Kayaking Tour
All equipment and meals provided
Kayak to top locations
Friendly & certified guides
Venture On A 5-Day Kayaking Tour From Telegraph Cove
From Johnstone Strait into Blackfish Sound, you’ll glide through some of nature’s finest spots and through two of the most biodiverse bodies of water on the Pacific Coast. Camp in a remote, wild area and enjoy the timelessness of this authentic location. In the capable hands of our exceptional guides, you’ll enjoy unique locations, landscapes, and wildlife exclusive to this secluded tip of the world.
Environmentally friendly tours and experience living amongst Blackfish Sound’s unique ecosystem
Use expedition-level equipment (high quality kayaks, paddles, paddling gear, paddling clothing, camping gear)
All our guides are highly experienced with the area and have professional training outside of their guiding certifications regarding risk management, hazard analysis, interpretation, and more
Experience the abundant wilderness of the area: porpoises, birds, humpbacks, sea lions… Without a doubt, you’re bound to be speechless throughout your adventure
All of your meals and equipment are included in the tour price so that you don’t have to worry about various extra costs or missing an important piece of gear
$1750 CAD per person
Bauza Cove, Telegraph Cove BC
Mondays, July 6 through September 21
5 days, 4 nights
2 minimum, 10 maximum
- No kayaking experience necessary
- Physically and mentally fit for 5 days of kayaking and camping in a wilderness setting
- Suitable for children aged 13 and older (for families with younger children, check out our custom trips)
- Minors (under 19) will require a parent/guardian signature for our waiver
- Complete medical form before booking
We ask all who come to bring a respectful attitude towards the natural environment and your fellow kayakers. The weather and wildlife are out of our control, but our attitudes are not!
- All paddling equipment
- All camping equipment
- All food
- Top-level guides certified by the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of British Columbia, recognized internationally as a leader in the sea kayak industry
- Parking at Telegraph Cove
- Safety gear
- Paddling jacket & pants
- Sleeping bags & mats
- Camp chairs
- Cooking & kitchen gear
- Day 1: lunch, dinner, non-alcoholic drinks, appetizers and snacks
- Day 2-4: 3 meals, snacks, appetizers, drinks
- Day 5: breakfast, lunch, snacks, drinks
What to bring
- Sunglasses & sunscreen
- Rain jacket
- 2 sets of synthetic clothing for paddling (quick dry pants, thermal underlayer, quick dry base layer, insulating mid layer (fleece, pile, poly, etc.), and swim shorts. We recommend that you stay away from cotton clothing.
- Comfortable, warm, synthetic clothing to relax and adventure in camp
- A rain jacket and rain pants for camp clothes
- Footwear for paddling, such as neoprene booties or running shoes with wool socks. Our beaches are mostly rocky so bring a supportive shoe with a good sole (no flip flops!).
- Footwear for camp (rubber boots, light hiking shoes, running shoes)
- Swim shorts to wear over paddling pants. You can use these to paddle in or swim on sunny days!
- Book to read while at camp
- Camera if you choose — please note that we will be in a marine environment
- Alcoholic drinks if you wish
We will try to reschedule or refund. Please check our terms & conditions for more information.
Overview of our 5-day expedition
On this 5-day kayak trip, you’ll discover two of British Columbia’s most beautiful natural environments: Johnstone Strait and Blackfish Sound. If we are blessed with good weather, we’ll stay at several campsites and enjoy relaxing in incredibly remote locations—so you can trade the hustle and bustle of the city for the peaceful sounds of BC’s raw wilderness.
Weynton Passage and Blackney Passage, two areas we will paddle in, boast an abundance of wildlife in the area due to the high current speed—why is that, you ask? You’ll just have to come on the tour to find out. Please note that no experience is required for this tour, but it can be dangerous for those without experienced guides like ours. Our guides will make sure that you have a great time and stay safe while doing so.