Customized Multi-Day Kayaking Tour
Customized tours for all levels
Option to include or exclude meals
Certified guides by the Sea Kayak Guides Alliance of British Columbia
Customize Your Ultimate Kayak Tour
We offer professional services for customized kayaking trips that can have a variety of specific focuses, such as photography, marine biology, flora and fauna identification, yoga with trained professionals, wilderness cooking, and more. While all of our tours incorporate these ideas, a custom tour can specify and focus on a skill or topic you choose.
It’s really up to you to choose your preferred activities and itinerary. Let us know what interests you — from learning new skills to discovering new spots, we promise to make it happen! We offer tours up to 14 days, giving you plenty of time to explore the incredible and raw wilderness around you.
Design a custom tour incorporating your group’s past experience in the backcountry.
Many of our past custom tour guests came to us with backcountry experience (backpacking, canoeing, white water kayaking, ski touring, etc.) but are short on the specific sea kayaking skills required to safely manage the local area hazards. Instead of a fully guided tour, they have preferred to customize a tour to select only the services they require or desire.
Groups can choose to use their own equipment (camping or kayaking), cook their own food, set their own camps, and so forth. AWE can supply a top level guide to manage the group’s safety while on the water and provide unmatched local area knowledge. We can supply kayaking gear, camping gear, menu plans, safety equipment or any combination so long as your group’s experience is appropriate.
All of the glory of the Johnstone Strait, Blackfish Sound, and Broughton Archipelago experienced in your own, imagined way
All guides are highly experienced with the area and have professional training outside of their guiding certifications regarding risk management, hazard analysis, interpretation and more
Enjoy up to 14 days of epic activities through secluded wilderness
We make sure you’re equipped with the best safety equipment to ensure your journey is secure and fun
All of your meals are included in the tour price so that you don’t have to worry about various extra costs — although, you can bring your own meals on a custom tour for a lower cost
Approximately $350 CAD per person per day depending on customizations
Note: If you would prefer to bring your own meals or equipment, pricing is below or get in touch with us for more accurate pricing.
- A: Guide
- Safety, first aid, navigation, interpretation, local area knowledge, etc.
- B: Kayaking gear
- Paddle, skirt, PFD, safety kit, paddling jacket, paddling pants
- Drybags for packing personal clothing and items
- All you need to bring is paddling footwear. We recommend either running shoes with wool socks or a neoprene water booty.
- C: Camping gear
- Tent, sleeping bag, sleeping mat, cots, chairs
- D: Wilderness kitchen
- Stoves, fuel, pots, pans, plates, bowls, cups, utensils, etc.
- Group tarp
- Various bags for packing
- E: Food
- 3 meals a day, snacks, drinks, etc.
- Various bags for packing
- $260 per person, per day for only the guide and kayaks (A + B)
- $300 per person, per day for guides, kayaks, and camping gear (A + B + C)
- $350 per person, per day for above + food. Full service trip (A + B + C + D + E)
- All of these prices are in CAD + 5% tax
We can incorporate any of these options together for a custom tour. Each person or party within the group can design a package based on their needs. This would allow for each person/party within your group to determine if they would like to use their own gear (kayak or camping gear), or if they would prefer to use AWE’s gear. The exception to this is the food option (E) which is a group decision. Either the entire group chooses the catered option or the entire group brings their own food.
8:30AM (recommended) but it is your trip, your choice!
Bauza Cove, Telegraph Cove BC
Any day of the week, June through September
Up to 14 days, 13 nights
12 people for 2 guides
We can provide for a larger group on a case-by-case basis. Please contact us for more information.
- No kayaking experience necessary
- Physically and mentally fit for at least 2 days of kayaking and camping in a wilderness setting
- Suitable for children aged 7 and older
- Minors (under 19) will require a parent/guardian signature for our waiver
- Complete medical form before booking
We ask all who come to bring a respectful attitude towards the natural environment and your fellow kayakers. The weather and wildlife are out of our control, but our attitudes are not!
We can include everything needed for a comprehensive tour (kayak gear, camping gear, all meals and snacks, etc.), or we can supply only what your group needs to get out there safely and have fun.
What to bring
Dependent upon customization of trip. Upon organising your trip, we can help you figure out what exactly you need.
Note: We do not offer paddling footwear for guests. Please bring your own, well-fitting and supportive neoprene paddling shoe or runner/tennis shoe with wool socks.
We will try to reschedule or refund. Please check our terms & conditions for more information.
Overview of your custom trip
Many of our past custom guest tours have experience in the backcountry outside of sea kayaking. Hiking, biking, backcountry skiing, canoeing, etc. all share wilderness aspects. Customize your tour by bringing your own camping gear or cooking your own food. Perhaps you have previous sea kayaking experience but require a local guide for safety and knowledge. We can incorporate your experience into your custom trip to create a trip that is perfect for you! Not everyone wants a fully inclusive, guided tour and we can appreciate that. Each service that you provide for yourselves (camping gear, meal plan, etc.) lowers the total cost of your tour. Groups must have the appropriate experience to take on the desired responsibility.
The layout of this trip is really up to you. We can include a large variety of activities from wildlife viewing from kayaks to hiking and yoga. Simply let us know what your heart desires and we will surely come up with the most suitable itinerary. You can also choose to come on a short trip or extend your journey to 14 days. Totally up to you!
Some examples of previous trips
- Photography tour with experienced wilderness photographer
- Ornithology tour with our resident bird expert
- Wilderness cooking tour with a professionally trained cook
- Signature expedition — owner’s signature tour: 9-day expedition throughout the Broughtons, Johnstone Strait, and Blackfish Sound, for the hearty adventurer
- Yoga tour
- Intertidal extravaganza
- Ladies exclusive tour
- Bull kelp forests
- Self-catered, guided tour — equipment and guide only. Guests bring and cook your own meals. We can supply cooking equipment, camping gear, kayak equipment, and an experienced guide. Pick and choose to customize a trip to your desires.